By December 27, 2013Published:
By Kristin Banks, Coordinator of Workers Compensation and Youth Programs
- 1-1/2 lbs. beef chopped into small pieces
- 1 T. oil
- 4- 14 oz. cans beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 c. chopped peeled tomatoes or 1-14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1- 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn or 1-14 oz. can of corn, drained
- 1-1/2 c. cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 c. frozen cut green beans or 1-14 oz. can
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- 1 c. sliced celery
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 can lima beans drained
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Saute meat in oil on medium-high until browned.
- Put everything in large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Course: Soup