Featuring specialty crop recipes
This recipe courtesy of The Pumpkin Eater – 2nd Edition, The Great Pumpkin Patch, www.the200acres.com or 217-543-2394.
Winter Squash Chowder
By February 25, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Featuring specialty crop recipes This recipe courtesy of The Pumpkin Eater – 2nd Edition, The Great Pumpkin Patch, …
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 C. leeks sliced
- 1 C. red potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 C. acorn squash cubed
- 1 C. butternut squash cubed
- 1 C. pumpkin cubed
- 2 14 oz. cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 C. cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar optional
- In a stock pot; cook bacon until crisp then remove from pan.
- Add leeks to bacon drippings and cook until softened.
- Add potatoes, squash and pumpkin and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream and seasonings.
- Add brown sugar, if desired.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon. Serves 6.
- Course: Soup