By Edward VanHoose, Digital
Communications & IT Manager
- 2 c. chopped onions
- 2 c. green pepper chopped
- 2 c. fresh tomato chopped
- 2- 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1- 15 oz. can black beans undrained
- 1- 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans undrained
- 1- 15 oz. can cannellini beans undrained
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. stew meat cut into small pieces
- 9 oz. skinless smoked sausage cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 8 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 4 T. ground cumin
- 6 tsp. sea salt
- 8 tsp. black pepper
Brown sausage, stew meat and ground beef together in large skillet with seasoning salt. Do NOT drain. Set aside.
Combine onions, green pepper, and fresh tomatoes in another skillet and cook until most juice is gone. Set aside.
Combine remaining seasonings in small bowl and set aside.
In large crock pot combine canned tomatoes, cooked meat, cooked vegetables and canned beans. Stir to mix ingredients. Add seasoning mix and stir.
Cook on high for 1 hour. Turn to low and cook for additional 4 hours, adding water if needed. Can add hot sauce to taste for extra spice, if desired.