Advertising Terms, Conditions and Guidelines
Terms and Conditions
All classified and display advertising is subject to approval by the publisher. No tobacco or political advertising will be accepted. In consideration of publication of advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, will indemnify and hold harmless the magazine, its officers, agents, owners and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contests of the advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of right of privacy, copyright infringement or plagiarism.
Positioning is at ICL’s discretion. Advertisers’ requests will be honored whenever possible. Contact the Business Development Manger for cost and availability of premium positions, alternative adverting options including advertorials, sponsorships or inclusion on Illinois Country Living’s website.
Classified Online and Display Marketplace
Prepayment through ICL’s website is required for all online word ads. Prepayment is also required for all display Marketplace advertisements. For display advertisements, advertisers can pay online, mail a check or money order for amount due.
Display Ad Copy and Development
Illinois Country Living magazine’s staff of professional graphic designers can create a top quality ad for your business. For first time advertisers there is no charge for creating an ad. Please send us the following information:
- Ad size and placement instructions.
- Payment information for billing.
- The content, wording and artwork.
- Layout ideas or instructions for design.
- Contact name, phone number, address and e-mail address.
Please direct all e-mail files to Sandy Wolske at email@example.com and cc: Brandy Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print File Guidelines
Below is a list of guidelines to help us ensure that your advertisement is printed correctly.
- Preferred submission formats: Adobe PDF, EPS, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Unacceptable software formats: MS Publisher, MS PowerPoint, Quark Express, GIF, JPG or HTML files from web sites.
- Remember to include all printer fonts and link all images.
- Resolution of images: a resolution of 300 dpi, relative to the size it will be printed.
- Color space: files should be gray scaled or CMYK only.
- For technical support, sending large files on CD and to e-mail small files, contact Sandy Wolske at email@example.com or 217.529.5561.
Digital Advertising Requirements
- Limited availability for all three home page ad positions.
- Contact the Business Development Manager with questions about section sponsorships on some of the most popular pages: yard and garden, recipes and energy solutions.
- Discounts available for loyal print advertisers.
- Acceptable formats: .gif, .jpg, .png, or .swf
Acceptance of advertorials is subject to the discretion of the Publisher or Business Development Manager. Pricing will be based on the size of the content of the advertorial and charged according to full color advertising display rates.
Submit free events, tourist attractions and adventures that occur in Illinois at www.icl.coop/datebook. Some events may be placed in the magazine at the discretion of the publisher. For guaranteed placement in the print publication, the rate will be based on full color advertising display rates.
Contact the Business Development Manager to discuss options on placing an advertisement on an upcoming newsletter.
Web Advertising Deadlines
Submit all digital ad materials to firstname.lastname@example.org five business days prior to campaign start date.
Prepayment is required on online Marketplace submissions. Unless a credit account has been established, all first-time advertisers must pre-pay for digital and print advertising.
No cancellations after space reservation deadline.
ICL accepts, cash, checks, as well as, credit card payments from MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
The Publisher is not responsible for advertiser’s errors or for any copy changes received 20 days prior to the mailing date. If a scheduled advertisement is not published, when possible the advertiser may run in the following issue or a refund to the agency or advertiser when an advanced payment has been made for an omitted advertisement. Refunds made will not exceed the prepayment amount agreed upon for the advertisement.
Contact Brandy Riley, Business Development Manager, for any questions regarding advertising or for more information about the terms and conditions at email@example.com or 217.241.7953.