RULES, REGULATIONS, TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR
Thank you considering or entering the Contest. Below are the Rules, Regulations, Terms and Conditions that participants must adhere to. Please read them carefully. If you have any questions, contact Brandy Riley at (217) 241-7953.
The Contest period means the period beginning on February 19, 2018 at 12:01 am (CS) and ending on March 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
The is open to individuals who:
- Are legal residents of the United States, who reside in the State of Illinois that are Illinois Cooperative Utility Members
- Are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January 1, 2017
- Enter the Contest or Sweepstakes online at www.icl.coop/entertowin. Each Entrant is responsible for all cost or charges for submitting/entering the contest.
- All entries must include their name, mailing address, phone number, email address (if available) and the name of their Illinois Cooperative Utility Provider. By providing this information to Illinois Country Living Magazine, the entrant gives permission to use this information for entry into the Contest.
- Limit one (1) entry during the Contest period.
EXCLUSION OF ELIGIBILITY
This Contest is not open to individual who are:
- Employees of the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives (AIEC).
- All members of AIEC households and their immediate families.
- Advertising and promotional agencies or corporations involved in the development or execution of this contest.
- No faxed or phone entries will be accepted.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNER
All eligible entries will be entered into a random drawing held on or after April 1, 2018. The drawing will be held at the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives located at 6460 S. 6th Street Frontage Road East Springfield, IL 62712 and one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries. The Winner will be notified by phone or email after the drawing is held using the contact information supplied for entry into the Contest/Sweepstakes. An employee of the AIEC will contact the winner between 8 am and 4:30 pm. After two (2) weeks of failing to reach the Winner, this may result in disqualification and an alternate winner by random drawing among all remaining eligible entries will be selected. In the event the potential winner is disqualified for any reason or waives their right to receive the prize, the AIEC may award the prize to alternate winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning the Contest/Sweepstakes is based on the total number of eligible entries during the entry period. All decision of the AIEC regarding the Contest are final.
One (1) prize will be awarded in this Contest. The prize package has an estimated retail value of $259 and consists of the following:
- Husqvarna 120i chainsaw, battery, & charger.
To claim the prize package, the winner pick up the prize at the closest participating Husqvarna dealer. The prize package must be retrieved by the Winner by April 30, 2018 or alternative arrangements must be made with the AIEC by this date. No cash equivalent will be paid. The AIEC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable, strictly not for resale, and can only be redeemed by the Contest winner. Fulfillment of the prize package is the sole responsibility of the merchant, not the AIEC. All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize package is the sole responsibility of the Winner.
By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to the following:
- Comply with all the official rules and agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the AIEC, which are final and binding in all respects.
- The AIEC reserves the right to change the rules of the Contest at any time.
- All entries become the property of the AIEC and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary for entrance into the Contest.
- The right to disqualify/ban any participant if they have tampered with the online entry process. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the participant will be disqualified and Illinois Country Living Magazine and the AIEC reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- Use of participant’s name, photograph and/or statements for advertising and publicity purposes. This includes no compensation for use and/or further consent is required, unless prohibited by law.
Any disputes that should arise due to this Contest shall be governed according to the laws of the state of Illinois. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
Limitation of Liability
It is the participant’s responsibility to provide correct and accurate information to be eligible for the contest. The Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives (AIEC) is not responsible for any err, omission, deletion, theft, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials or technical, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, email, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind. The AIEC is not responsible for any injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer related to resulting from participating in or downloading any materials in the Contest.
By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release the AIEC, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, and anyone associated with the production of this Contest harmless from any and all liability claims, third party claims, damages, losses and action of any kind with or resulting from acceptance, possession or misuse of any prize. Neither the AIEC nor the merchants are responsible or liable for, any warranty, expressed or implied, relative to any element of the prize package, not limited to, its quality or fitness or merchantability, and all prize packages are awarded on an “as is” basis. Fulfillment of the prize package rests solely with the merchants and not the AIEC.
If for any reason this Contest is unable to be administered, then the AIEC reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Illinois Country Living Magazine published by the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives 6460 S. 6th Street Frontage Road East Springfield, IL 62712