Feed My Flock
Who: First United Methodist Church
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 163
Send checks to: United Methodist Women, 702 Plum St., Marshall, IL 62441
or call 217-826-8041.
President’s Barbequed Chicken
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. Lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 2 T. paprika
- 2 tsp. dried leaf oregano
- 4 fryer chickens halved
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Melt butter in small saucepan; stir in lemon juice, garlic salt, paprika and oregano.
- Place chicken in shallow dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour marinade over chicken; cover.
- Marinate for 3-4 hours, turning occasionally. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Place chicken, skin side up on grill set 3-6 inches from charcoal that has reached light gray ash stage. Brush with reserved marinade.
- Cook 45 minutes to 1-1/2 hours or until tender, turning and brushing with marinade occasionally.