Who: Donna Hope’s Family and Home Community Education, Grantsburg, IL
Cost: $18, including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 250
Send checks to: Donna H. Mathis,
170 State Hwy 145 South, Grantsburg, IL, 62943,
or call 618-949-3370
By November 26, 2012Published:
Tasteful Traditions Who: Donna Hope’s Family and Home Community Education, Grantsburg, ILCost: $18, including shippingDetails: …
- 1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 C. apricot preserves
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16-oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- Prepare cake as directed on package; cool.
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add cocoa and sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Add apricot preserves and vanilla. Stir until smooth and glossy. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Crumble cake into mixture in saucepan. Mix until well blended and moist. Roll into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- In a small, heavy saucepan over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate, one by one, completely coating each with chocolate. Place on waxed paper until set, at least 1 hour.