This month we thought you might enjoy recipes from Alabama Living’s recently released cookbook – the best of Alabama Living. Two of the recipes give you ideas of what to do with those green tomatoes still hanging on the vine.
We can’t wait to try these recipes and we think you’ll agree.
You can order a copy of the cookbook by going to the website: http://register.areapower.coop/cookbook or by sending a check for $19.95 (includes shipping) per cookbook, with name, address, city, state, zip and email address to:
Alabama Living Cookbook
P.O. Box 244014
Montgomery, AL 36124
- 3 lbs. beef chuck cut in 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T. flour
- 3 lg. carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 med. Onions sliced
- 2 lg. potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 strips cooked bacon cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 10 oz. beef broth
- 2 c. burgundy wine (or any dry red wine)
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme stemmed
- 1 bay leaf
- Coat beef in flour, salt and pepper and sear in skillet on stove.
- Place meat in crockpot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 5-7 hours until meat is tender.