Bacon and Egg Bake
Submitted by Joyce Holland, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- Dash of salt and pepper
- English muffins split and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from skillet and crumble when cooled.
- Drain fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. Saute onions in bacon grease.
- Stir together onions, soup, milk, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into a 10x6-inch baking dish and top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve over toasted English muffin halves.
Nutrition information: 433 calories; 27.6g fat; 1,166mg salt; 20.8g carbohydrates; 25.1g protein.