Submitted by Jan Turney Dial, Corn Belt Energy Corporation (From Gladys Wallace Turney)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix cornstarch, brown sugar, and salt. Gradually add scalded milk. Cook in a double boiler until thick, stirring constantly.
- Slightly beat egg yolks. Slowly add a small amount of the hot mixture to the egg yolks. Then stir into remaining hot mixture. Cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Cool and add butter and vanilla. Pour into cooled baked pie shell.
- Prepare meringue and spread over cooled pie.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes.