Enchilada Stuffed Shells
Submitted by: Sherry Reuter, Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1- ounce package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces canned refried beans
- 8 ounces Colby jack cheese shredded
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- 2 10-ounce cans enchilada sauce
- Scallions chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Boil pasta according to package directions, drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown hamburger and drain grease. Season with taco seasoning. Add refried beans and half of each type of cheese. Stir together.
- Spread a little enchilada sauce in bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spoon meat filling into cooled shells and place in baking dish. Cover shells with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes until bubbly. Top with scallions and serve.
Nutrition information: 700 calories; 31.4g fat; 834mg sodium; 50.2g carbohydrates; 50g protein.