Holiday Cookie Contest Winners
Candy Cane Snowballs
Servings 5 dozen
- 2 c. butter softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3-1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. Pecans chopped
- 8 oz. white candy coating
- 1/3 - 1/2 c. peppermint candy finely crushed
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating, stir until smooth.
- Dip the top of each cooled cookie into the candy coating, then into the peppermint candy.