Feed My Flock
Who: First United Methodist Church
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 163
Send checks to: United Methodist Women, 702 Plum St., Marshall, IL 62441
or call 217-826-8041.
- 1-1/4 c. canned chickpeas rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. + 2 T. peanut butter
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and use the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir or pulse once or twice. Mixture is very sticky.
- With wet hands, form in 1 to 1-1/2 inch balls. Place on parchment paper. May be pressed down slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They will be very soft. May be kept in airtight container or refrigerated for up to 1 week.