Who: South Fork United Methodist Church
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound, includes recipe CD
Pages of recipes: 276
Send checks to: South Fork U.M.W., c/o Barb Stolte, 1403 E. 200 North Road, Nokomis, IL 62075 or 217-820-1757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 T. flour
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1-1/2 qt. water
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 8 oz. Acini de Pepe (pasta)
- 1-16.5 oz. can mandarin oranges drained
- 1-20 oz. can chunk pineapple drained
- 1-10 oz. can crushed pineapple drained
- 4 oz. Cool Whip
- 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
- Combine sugar, flour and 1/4 tsp. salt. Gradually stir in pineapple juice and egg.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring until thickened. Add lemon juice.
- Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Bring water, remaining 1 tsp. salt and oil to a boil. Add Acini de Pepe. Cook at rolling boil until done.
- Drain and rinse with water, drain again and cool to room temperature.
- Combine egg mixture and Acini de Pepe. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Refrigerate overnight in airtight container.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until chilled, serve. Salad may be refrigerated for as long as a week in airtight container.