Hot summer days call for a dip in the pool and inviting family and friends for a cookout, Instead of heating up the oven to bake a dessert, consider something cooler – frozen desserts. In the heat of summer, these chilly delights are favorites that hit the spot.
Frozen Butter Pecan Dessert
- 2-1/2 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in 9x9” pan.
- Add rice krispies, coconut and pecans. Stir.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove one half mixture and set aside. Pat remaining mixture evenly in pan.
- Slice ice cream and place on top to cover crust.
- Cover with remaining rice krispie mixture and press down.