In Good Taste
Who: Friedens Family and Friends
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 260 including gluten free recipes
Send checks to: Friedens United Church of Christ,
c/o Betty L. Bollmeier, 966 Winter Road, Marissa, IL 62257
or call 618-295-2004
- 3 T. oil
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage cooked and sliced
- 2 C. frozen cut okra
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 lg. onion chopped
- 1 lg. green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes drained
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 12-oz. package frozen shrimp
- 1-2 C. Minute rice (uncooked)
- 3 C. water
- 1 chicken breast cooked and cut into pieces
- 2 T. Tony Chachere's instant roux (found in seasonings at Wal-Mart)
- Take a pot and add oil, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add water, tomatoes, pepper, Tony Chachere’s seasoning and some salt.
- Add chicken, shrimp, sausage and okra.
- Cook about 15 minutes. Do not let it boil hard.
- Reduce heat. Add Tony’s instant roux. Stir constantly while adding or it will ball up. This will thicken it a little.
- Add Minute rice. This soaks up the extra juice. Stir.
- Let it cook 20 minutes on low while stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.