Cooking with the Scotties
Who: Waverly Elementary School
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 167
Send checks to: Waverly Elementary School, Attn: Karen Bennett, 499 W. Elm, Waverly, IL 62692 or call 217-435-2331.
Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. elbow mcaroni
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 c. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. Velveeta cubed
- 1 c. (8 oz.) Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add oil, then the macaroni. Bring to a boil and cook until the macaroni is just tender (5-7 min). Drain well. Return to pot.
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir into macaroni.
- Take about 1/4 c. of each of the cheeses and set aside. Add the remaining cheeses, one at a time, to macaroni.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and add to milk, then add to macaroni. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour macaroni into a deep greased casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheeses on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min. until bubbling around the edges.