Taste of Tradition
Who: Mid Century Telephone Cooperative and Adams Telephone Co-Operative
Cost: $15.15 includes shipping ($10 at offices)
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 234
Send checks to: Paula Monari, Mid Century Telephone Cooperative, P.O. Box 380, Fairview, IL 61432 or call 309-778-8611.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz. uncooked linguine
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1-2 tsp. Cajun seasoning or to taste
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 med. red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 med. yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 med. tomatoes sliced
- 1 c. fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 c. skim milk
- 1 T. flour
- 3 T. light cream cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 scallions chopped
- Salt to taste
- Smart Balance cooking spray
- Prep all vegetables.
- In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside.
- Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray and add half of the chicken.
- Saute 5-6 min. or until done, set aside on a plate and cooking remaining chicken. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to skillet and reduce to medium heat; add peppers, onions and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes and saute 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with ¼ tsp. salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add chicken broth and pour in slurry, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; adjust salt and Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Cook another minute or two until hot, then add linguine; toss well to coat. Top with chopped scallions and enjoy!