A Taste of Oakhill Vegan/Vegetarian
Who: Oakhill Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Cost: $18 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 91
Send checks to: Oakhill Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Attn: Leah Clubb,
1400 Mule Road, Columbia, IL 62236 or call 618-540-3957.
- 1 c. oatmeal uncooked
- 1-1/4 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. Brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- 3 T. half & half or cream
- 1/2 c. nuts chopped
- 3/4 c. coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Pour boiling water over oats, cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Beat butter until creamy, gradually add granulated sugar and brown sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Blend in vanilla and eggs, then add oatmeal mixture, mix well.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and frost while warm.
- Icing: Change oven to broiler temperature. Mix all ingredients together. Spread over cake and put under broiler. WATCH CLOSELY – BROIL UNTIL IT IS BUBBLY THEN REMOVE, IT BURNS EASILY.