Eat your carrots
Plentiful year-round, root vegetables can be found in a wide variety of colors from deep purple beets to vibrant orange sweet potatoes and carrots and creamy white parsnips, turnips and rutabagas. Easily obtainable and budget friendly, these nutritious vegetables are packed with nutrients from the soil and have a high concentration of antioxidants, Vitamins C, B and A, and iron. They are versatile, at peak season beginning in fall and make tasty additions to your fall and winter meals.
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 medium beets peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 parsnips scrubbed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- To taste Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables. Add oil and herbs and toss until coated.
- Transfer to baking sheet and spread into even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.