I have a reputation with my children for getting a little bit carried away when I do Christmas baking. A few years ago, I was so excited about having all of our children and grandchildren home for the holidays, I kept adding to the items I just had to make. By the time they all arrived, I had quite a dessert “buffet” that included 18 items. I still haven’t lived that down!
This month’s issue had all the makings for me getting carried away again. It was difficult to stop coming up with recipes. Hopefully, I will have gotten some of the need to bake out of my system before Christmas and can keep the recipes to a reasonable number. Only time will tell.
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 box yellow sour cream cake mix
- 1/2 c. light rum
- 1 lg. box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 c. oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 c. light rum
- 1/4 c. Water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a tube pan or 12-cup bundt pan.
- Sprinkle pecans in bottom.
- Mix remaining cake ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan and cool completely.
- Mix together rum glaze ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place cake on a plate and prick holes in top and sides of cake. Slowly spoon glaze over entire cake until it has absorbed all of the glaze.