Cook. Eat. Live!
Who: Busey Bank for United Way
Cost: $12.50 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral-bound
Pages of recipes: 220
Send checks to: Brenda Jeakins,
2101 N. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704
or call 309-834-1020.
Salsa Queso Fajitas
- 1 pkg. fajita shells
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts
- 1 med. onion
- 1 fresh farlic clove
- 1 sm. yellow, red and green peppers
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (24-oz) jar salsa
- 1 jar white Mexican cheese sauce/dip
- to taste chili powder, onion powder, garlic salt and cumin
- Slice chicken into segments and place in a frying pan with a small amount of water.
- Once chicken begins cooking, add in sliced onion, minced garlic and peppers. Simmer together for about 5 minutes.
- Coat cooked chicken pieces in sour cream and season with chili powder, onion powder, garlic salt and cumin.
- Once coated, add the Mexican white cheese and salsa into the pan. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Put filling into fajita shells and enjoy.