Who: St. Mary Church, Valmeyer, IL
Cost: $12, including shipping
Details: hard-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 113
Send checks to: Jane McCarthy, 6848 D Road, Waterloo, IL 62298
or call 618-939-7757.
- 12 oz. light breakfast sausage
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 4-1/2 C. sourdough bread cubes or croutons
- 8 oz. shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 lg. whole eggs
- 4 egg whites or 1/2 C. egg substitute
- 2 C. low-fat milk
- Crumble sausage into a medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until nicely browned, breaking up into bits with spatula as it cooks. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add sausage to a large bowl along with toasted bread squares, cheese, mustard powder and salt, if desired. Set aside.
- Add eggs and milk to a mixing bowl and beat on medium low speed until smooth and completely blended.
- Drizzle egg mixture over the sausage and bread mixture. Stir to blend.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Spread top evenly. Cover with foil and then chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and reduce the temperature to 325°. Bake an additional 10 minutes.