Who: Fairview Haven Retirement Community
Cost: $25 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 331
Send checks to: Fairview Haven Retirement Community,
Attn: Sally, 605 N. Fourth St., Fairbury, IL 61739
or call 815-692-2572.
- Mixed greens
- Fresh strawberries sliced
- Feta cheese crumbled
- Candied pecans:
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 3 c. pecan halves
- Salad dressing:
- 1 can frozen strawberry daiquiri
- 1 c. cider vinegar
- 1 c. oil
- 1-1/2 c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large skillet and add pecans.
- Saute’ until lightly browned.
- Add brown sugar and cook until slightly caramelized.
- Add vinegar and continue cooking on low heat, stirring continuously, until all liquid is evaporated.
- Spread pecans on baking sheets and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 5-10 minutes, turning once.
- Mix dressing ingredients and shake until well mixed.
- Toss all salad ingredients together along with candied pecans and drizzle with dressing.