Who: Murdale Baptist Church
Cost: $18.50 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 184
Send checks to: Donna Terpinitz, Murdale Baptist Church, 27091 W. Main Street, Carbondale, IL 62901 or 618-529-5800.
Sunny Spring Lemon Tarts
- 1/2 stick cold butter
- 1-1/3 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4-5 T. ice water
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 6 T. butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 T. lemon peel grated
- Tart shells: In a stand mixer or working with pastry cutter, mix butter, flour and salt until dough becomes crumbly.
- Add water, two tablespoons at a time, until consistency is smooth.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on cutting board and cut 3-inch circles using a scalloped cookie cutter.
- Place into greased cupcake pan, pressing sides of dough to fit.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a heavy non-aluminum saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted and mixture thickens slightly. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool. Pour filling into dough cups and bake 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool, then top with whipped topping. Refrigerate any leftovers.