This month we thought you might enjoy recipes from Alabama Living’s recently released cookbook – the best of Alabama Living. Two of the recipes give you ideas of what to do with those green tomatoes still hanging on the vine.
We can’t wait to try these recipes and we think you’ll agree.
You can order a copy of the cookbook by going to the website: http://register.areapower.coop/cookbook or by sending a check for $19.95 (includes shipping) per cookbook, with name, address, city, state, zip and email address to:
Alabama Living Cookbook
P.O. Box 244014
Montgomery, AL 36124
Sweet Home Alabama Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. hickory smoked sausage links ground fine
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. day-old dinner rolls crumbled
- 1/2 t. hot sauce
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 t. Black pepper
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. parsley flakes
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1-16 oz. block Mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1-40 oz. bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce
- Mix thoroughly all ingredients except mozzarella cheese and BBQ sauce.
- Take a spoonful of the meat mixture and form into a ball.
- Take a cube of mozzarella cheese and stuff into the meatball.
- In a skillet, lightly brown the meatballs.
- Cover the bottom of a crockpot with BBQ sauce. Place some of the meatballs in the sauce.
- Repeat two or three times until all meatballs are in the pot.
- Set crockpot to high and cook 2 to 2-1/2 hours.