promo

  • Introducing the ‘My Child Ate’ web resource library

    Children learn about their environment by picking things up and putting them in their mouth. They imitate adults, and of course they can’t read labels or fully understand the cause and effect of eating something potentially harmful.

    The sole purpose of the Illinois Poison Center is to reduce the ­incidence and injury from poisoning. Historically, the primary way that’s been done is via phone call. The phone is only one way to deliver information and assistance. Today with so many people ­moving to online sources of information, the Center is ­introducing a new “My Child Ate” web resource library. You will find advice on what to do if a child ingests a mouthful or less of a potentially ­harmful substance. Go to http://illinoispoisoncenter.org/my-child-ate. You can still dial 1-800-222-1222 to speak to an expert directly.

    Post a Comment