Recipes to Remember
Who: Watson Baptist Church
Cost: $12.50 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 143
Send checks to: Paula Tieffel,
8528 N. Meadowview Rd, Effingham, IL, 62401 or call 217-343-4320.
Linguine with Picante Sauce
By September 24, 2012Published:
Recipes to Remember Who: Watson Baptist ChurchCost: $12.50 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb-boundPages of recipes: …
- 8 oz. linguine
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 C. canned stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 C. picante sauce
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 oz. Colby Jack cheese finely shredded
- 1/2 C. fresh cilantro chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cool water; drain again.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic and mix well.
- Sauté until onion is tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, black beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes; remove cover.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring frequently, until the desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Place cooked pasta on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and top with cilantro.