Pumpkin pie spice
Cream of tartar
1) In a med size mixing bowl whisk together the flour, Pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Mix in the egg yolk & vanilla, then mix in the pumpkin puree, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
5) Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave a little room between each one.
6) In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoon of sugar & 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon for the coating. Roll each ball of cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar coating and place back on the baking sheets.
7) Bake in separate batches at 350 F for 10-13 minutes or until the cookies are set. Make sure to refrigerate the other batch of cookie dough while the first batch is baking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.