In Good Taste
Who: Friedens Family and Friends
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 260 including gluten free recipes
Send checks to: Friedens United Church of Christ,
c/o Betty L. Bollmeier, 966 Winter Road, Marissa, IL 62257
or call 618-295-2004
- Granulated sugar for pan
- 1-1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 oz. (6 T.) unsalted butter melted
- 1 oz. (2 T.) unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 3/4 C. plus 2 T. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C. whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 McIntosh apples peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 C. (1/2 pt.) blackberries
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust with granulated sugar.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together melted butter and 3/4 c. brown sugar, milk and eggs. Whisk into the flour mixture.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Arrange apple wedges over batter and sprinkle with blackberries. Gently press fruit into batter.
- Combine remaining 2 T. brown sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over fruit. Dot with remaining 2 T. butter.
- Bake until top is dark gold, apples are tender and a cake test inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired. Serves 8 to 12.