Marissa #40 Cookbook
Who: Marissa Junior/Senior High School Student Council
Cost: $10 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 63
Send checks to: MHS Student Council,
c/o Katie Peck, 300 School View Dr.,
Marissa, IL 62257
Asian Hot Wings
- Canola oil for frying
- 24 chicken wing parts 12 wings separated into 2 pcs.
- 3/4 c. plum jelly
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. Brown sugar
- 2 T. minced fresh ginger
- 2 T. red onion minced
- 1 T. garlic minced
- 1 T. red pepper flakes
- 3 – 4 assorted hot peppers serrano, jalapeno, etc. minced fine
- Thinly sliced carrots and cucumber for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat 3 inches of canola oil in a heavy pot to 375 degrees.
- Add half the chicken wing parts to the oil and fry until they are golden brown and fully cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the other half of the wings.
- Add the plum jelly to a bowl. Stir in soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Add brown sugar, ginger, red onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and hot peppers. Stir to combine and then pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook the sauce until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Place the wings in an oven proof dish and pour the sauce over the top, reserving some for serving. Toss to coat and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the extra sauce over the top with the cool vegetables to go with the heat.