Bacon Wrapped Smoked Meatloaf
Submitted by: Valerie Cheatham
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 large onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs or more
- 1 pound bacon
- Barbecue sauce
- Preheat smoker to 225 F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs until well mixed. Add breadcrumbs and mix until the meatloaf holds together – you may need more crumbs. On parchment paper, lay bacon strips next to each other to form a blanket (can also weave them together). Make an oval with meatloaf mixture and place on top of bacon. Wrap ends of bacon over meatloaf and carefully roll over so the bacon ends are underneath. Carefully transfer meatloaf to smoker rack and place in smoker. Add a pan on rack below to catch drippings. Smoke using your favorite wood chips until the center reaches 165 F, approximately 4 hours. Glaze with your favorite barbecue sauce and finish in 425 F oven for 15 minutes to set sauce.
Nutrition information: 441 calories; 22.9g fat; 1345mg sodium; 10.6g carbohydrates; 45g protein.