Submitted by Brittany Cowan, Menard Electric Cooperative Servings: 14
- 1 15-ounce can green beans drained
- 1 15-ounce can wax beans drained
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix beans and onions together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper together.
- Pour sugar mixture over the bean mixture and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, stirring periodically.
Nutrition information: 297 calories; 6g fat; 190mg salt; 48.4g carbohydrates; 14.3g protein.