Tastes like chicken!
Popular and versatile, chicken is a low-fat alternative to red meat. It can be found in a multitude of cuisines, takes well to a variety of spices and is economical. Readers submitted their favorite chicken recipes and we supplemented with a few favorites of our own.
Best Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 15.5-ounce can black bean rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 small cans red enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil and add onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced chicken and green chilies and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine black beans with corn.
- To assemble enchiladas, on each tortilla, spread 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce over surface of tortilla. Add a large tablespoon of corn/bean mixture in a line down the middle of tortilla. Add 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Roll up tortilla tightly and place in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Repeat process.
- Spread remaining enchilada sauce over top of tortillas and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.