Who: St. Mary Church, Valmeyer, IL
Cost: $12, including shipping
Details: hard-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 113
Send checks to: Jane McCarthy, 6848 D Road, Waterloo, IL 62298
or call 618-939-7757.
Blackberry Custard Pie
- 1 single crust pie pastry
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C. plus 2 T. sugar
- 2 lg. eggs lightly beaten
- 1 C. milk
- 3 C. blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-inch circle.
- Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate, trimming the edges.
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Whisk in eggs and milk.
- Arrange berries on crust. Pour egg filling over fruit in pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes more, until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.