Who: St. Mary Church, Valmeyer, IL
Cost: $12, including shipping
Details: hard-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 113
Send checks to: Jane McCarthy, 6848 D Road, Waterloo, IL 62298
or call 618-939-7757.
Fresh Vegatable Stir-fry
- 1/2 C. pineapple juice
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 med. onion chopped
- 1 C. broccoli florets
- 1 C. carrot slices
- 1 C. chopped celery
- 1 C. zucchini
- 1 C. chopped red or green pepper
- Combine pineapple juice, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl.
- In a large saucepan or Wok heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, broccoli, carrots and celery. Stir and cook for about two minutes.
- Add the zucchini and peppers. Stir, cover the pan and cook for one minute.
- Add sauce, bring to a boil and cook for one minute more, covered.
- Serve vegetables while hot.