Submitted by: Kathy Young, Jo-Carroll Energy, Inc.
Servings 3 loaves
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1 c, sugar
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. maraschino cherries drained and chopped
- 2 c. flour
- 2-1/2 t. baking powder
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- Beat eggs with fork until thick and well beaten. Blend in bananas, melted butter, nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, add and mix the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients and mix. Stir only to moisten dry ingredients.
- Spray small loaf pans (I use the foil type ones). Divide the batter between 3-4 loaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Cool.
Note: I wrap them in brown craft paper and tie with a burlap ribbon with a small “cross.” It’s blessed bread because I had the salt blessed. Moist and delicious.