Submitted by Carla Mueting, Corn Belt Energy Corporation
Chipotle and Rosemary Roasted Nuts
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 c. whole cashews (9 oz.)
- 2 c. walnut halves (7 oz.)
- 2 c. pecan halves (7 oz.)
- 2 c. whole almonds (12 oz.)
- 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar lightly packed
- 3 T. orange juice
- 2 t. ground chipotle powder
- 4 T. fresh rosemary leaves minced
- 2 t. salt divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously brush a large sheet pan with olive oil.
- Gently combine the first 9 ingredients in mixing bowl, tossing to coat nuts evenly.
- Add 2 T. rosemary and 1 t. salt and toss again.
- Spread the nut mixture on prepared sheet pan and roast for 25 minutes, stirring twice until nuts are glazed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 t. salt and remaining rosemary. Toss well and set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking while mixture cools. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve warm or let cool completely and store in airtight decorative containers.