From the Tried and True to the Very New
Who: Illinois Foundation for FCCLA
Cost: Donation of $25 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 316
Send checks to: Illinois Foundation for FCCLA, Sheryle Atkins, 15 Timber Ridge Dr., Fairbury, IL 61739 or call 309-261-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 3/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/8 t. ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce rinsed dried and shredded
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 c. seasoned croutons
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat, turning frequently, until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, milk, garlic powder, and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Season the dressing with salt.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and croutons in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with dressing and serve immediately.