From the Tried and True to the Very New
Who: Illinois Foundation for FCCLA
Cost: Donation of $25 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 316
Send checks to: Illinois Foundation for FCCLA, Sheryle Atkins, 15 Timber Ridge Dr., Fairbury, IL 61739 or call 309-261-3397 or email email@example.com.
White Cheddar Beer Cheese Soup
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. butter or margarine
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 T. onion grated
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. dry mustard
- 1/8 t. white pepper
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1-1/2 c. half and half
- 1 c. beer
- 1-16 oz. bag shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Buttered croutons
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Add garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and pepper. Blend well.
- Gradually stir in the chicken broth, half and half and beer.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Heat gently, stirring frequently, DO NOT BOIL. Garnish with croutons.