There’s nothing quite like waking up to the fragrant aroma of bacon frying and coffee brewing, unless it’s also the sweet smell of cinnamon wafting through the air! These amazing scents may make you think of lazy Saturday mornings, but breakfast isn’t just for breakfast anymore. You can enjoy stacks of hot pancakes dripping with melting butter and maple syrup, or crispy bacon with hash browns and eggs any time of day. Here are just a few favorites, whether you are looking for something other than a bowl of cereal as you head out the door, or a heartier meal.
- 2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2 c. Fresh blueberries
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Mix by hand, not with a mixer.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Grease muffin tins (18) and spoon mixture into tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. While muffins are baking, combine lemon zest and sugar.
- After removing muffins from oven, let sit for 5 minutes and then loosen edges and remove from pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then dip tops in melted butter and then in lemon sugar.