There’s nothing quite like waking up to the fragrant aroma of bacon frying and coffee brewing, unless it’s also the sweet smell of cinnamon wafting through the air! These amazing scents may make you think of lazy Saturday mornings, but breakfast isn’t just for breakfast anymore. You can enjoy stacks of hot pancakes dripping with melting butter and maple syrup, or crispy bacon with hash browns and eggs any time of day. Here are just a few favorites, whether you are looking for something other than a bowl of cereal as you head out the door, or a heartier meal.
Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 3 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/4 c. cannned pumpkin
- 1 c. milk
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- 1/2 t. Pumpkin Pie spice
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- Mix oats, pumpkin, milk, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a medium Tupperware container.
- Melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat until melted into a syrup/sauce consistency.
- Mix into oatmeal mixture, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat entire amount, or individual servings, in microwave until hot. Serve with milk.
- Can also top with maple syrup, chopped nuts or brown sugar.