There’s nothing quite like waking up to the fragrant aroma of bacon frying and coffee brewing, unless it’s also the sweet smell of cinnamon wafting through the air! These amazing scents may make you think of lazy Saturday mornings, but breakfast isn’t just for breakfast anymore. You can enjoy stacks of hot pancakes dripping with melting butter and maple syrup, or crispy bacon with hash browns and eggs any time of day. Here are just a few favorites, whether you are looking for something other than a bowl of cereal as you head out the door, or a heartier meal.
Asparagus Swiss Quiche
- 10 strips Bacon diced
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 T. flour
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1- 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. half & half
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels and drain; reserving 1 T. drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion until browned; drain.
- Cut eight asparagus spears into 4-inch long spears for garnish. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, cook all of the asparagus in a small amount of boiling water until crisp tender; drain.
- In a bowl, toss the bacon, onion, asparagus pieces (not spears), cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour into pie shell.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and half & half; pour over bacon mixture.
- Top with asparagus spears in a pinwheel design.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.