There’s nothing quite like waking up to the fragrant aroma of bacon frying and coffee brewing, unless it’s also the sweet smell of cinnamon wafting through the air! These amazing scents may make you think of lazy Saturday mornings, but breakfast isn’t just for breakfast anymore. You can enjoy stacks of hot pancakes dripping with melting butter and maple syrup, or crispy bacon with hash browns and eggs any time of day. Here are just a few favorites, whether you are looking for something other than a bowl of cereal as you head out the door, or a heartier meal.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 c. vanilla flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 T. pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- Fresh fruit for topping
- In a recloseable bowl, whisk together the almond milk, yogurt, syrup or honey, vanilla and salt.
- Whisk in chia seeds and let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir to distribute seeds, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon pudding into bowls or glasses and top with fruit of your choice.