150th Anniversary Cookbook
Who: Mason City Christian Church
Cost: $26 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, ring bound with stand
Pages of recipes: 278
Send checks to: Mel Tracy, 30602E CR 900N, Mason City, IL 62664 or call 217-737-1151
Bob’s Favorite Grilled Burgers
- 6 bacon strips diced
- 1 c. fresh mushrooms chopped
- 3 thin onion slices diced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- Sliced American cheese, or shredded cheese
- Hamburger buns
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Saute’ mushrooms and onion in the drippings until tender. Transfer to a bowl and add the bacon.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, pepper and horseradish; add beef and mix.
- Shape into six 1/4 inch thick patties.
- Divide bacon mixture among three patties. Top with cheese.
- Place remaining patties on top of each and seal edges.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 12-14 minutes or until meat juices run clear, turning once. Serve on buns. Yield: 3 servings.