Submitted by Elizabeth Hettick,
Monroe County Electric Co-Operative, Inc.
Canadian Honey Drops
- 1 c. butter flavored shortening
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3-1/2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- Apricot jam, or jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix shortening, brown sugar and eggs thoroughly.
- Stir in honey and vanilla.
- Blend flour and baking soda; stir into mixture.
- Roll into balls the size of large walnuts.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when lightly touching.
- When slightly cooled, make a sandwich by putting jam between two cookies. Cool.
Makes 2 dozen double cookies.