4-H House 80th Anniversary Cookbook
Who: 4-H House, University of Illinois
Cost: $30 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 470
Send checks to: 4-H House Cookbook, Attn: Linda Paydon Muehling,
703 N 1170 East Rd., Cissna Park, IL 60924 or order online at 4hhouse.com
Caramel Dipped Apples
- 1 c. salted butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Bring all ingredients, EXCEPT vanilla, to a boil. Allow to boil on medium to low heat until it reaches 246-247degrees F.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool to 210 F, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place popsicle sticks in 10 clean, room temperature apples.
- Dip apples in caramel. Can also dip in toppings such as pecans or chocolate chips.
- Set on waxed paper to cool.