Who: Cumberland Elementary and Middle School PTO
Cost: $10 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 136
Send checks to: Cumberland PTO, Attn: Rebecca Morgan,
1496 IL Route 121, Toledo, IL 62468 or call 217-549-2395, or email RMorgan@sblhs.org.
Caramelized Onion, Gruyére and Bacon Spread
- Cooking spray
- 3-1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 oz. Gruyére cheese shredded and divided
- 2 T. chopped fresh chives divided
- 1/3 c. canola mayo
- 1/3 c. fat free sour cream
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Black pepper
- 3 slices Bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat; coat pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Add onion to pan and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Reserving 2 T. cheese, combine remaining cheese, onions, 1 T. chives and remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Transfer mix to a 1-quart baking dish coated lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 2 T. cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Sprinkle on remaining chives.
- Serve with small slices of baguette or crackers of your choice.