SCC Friends and Family Cookbook
Who: Smyser Christian Church Youth
Cost: $17.63 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 76
Send checks to: Smyser Christian Church, c/o Sherrie Grohler,
717 CR 1675E, Sullivan, IL 61951 or call 217-259-6641.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
- 1-3/4 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. Allspice
- 1/8 t. Ground cloves
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 t. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- In separate bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (you will have enough batter left over for about 12 more).
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in one bowl. Put melted butter in another bowl. Dip each muffin in butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mix to coat.
We need recipes! Upcoming monthly topics include breads, Asian-inspired dishes and gluten-free recipes. Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Finest Cooking c/o Illinois Country Living, P.O. Box 3787, Springfield, IL 62708. Please include your name, address, phone number (for questions), and the name of your electric cooperative. Recipes not included in the magazine can be found on our website at icl.coop/finestcooking.