Who: Cumberland Elementary and Middle School PTO
Cost: $10 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 136
Send checks to: Cumberland PTO, Attn: Rebecca Morgan,
1496 IL Route 121, Toledo, IL 62468 or call 217-549-2395, or email RMorgan@sblhs.org.
Bubble Crumb Bacon Breakfast Bake
- 3/4 to 1 bag tater tots
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sm. onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 3 c. cheddar jack or Colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 lb. Bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 c. milk
- In a 9x13-inch casserole, add tater tots, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven until tater tots are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk and shredded cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon until crisp, then crumble. Discard all bacon grease except 1 tablespoon.
- Add onion and peppers to pan and sauté until soft.
- Layer the onions and peppers on top of the pre-cooked tater tots. Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.